Annual General Meetings & Members' Days
Previous AGMs - Please click here to view details of previous AGMs
11th Annual General Meeting and Members' Day
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 11th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Bumblebee Conservation Trust will be held on Saturday 21st October 2017 at the Pavilion Hotel in York. As in previous years, we will be holding the AGM followed by a Members’ Day and would be delighted if you could join us!
Our theme for the Members' day this year is Science and the speakers will include our trustee Stuart Roberts discussing the European Red List for Bees, as well as updates from our projects. Steven Falk will be returning to sell copies of his book and his amazing artwork; and we will have a special performance by poet and ‘edu-tainer’ Anneliese Emmans Dean.
We will also be holding a raffle on the day, with some fantastic prizes!
Please click here to view the programme. Please note that we have not yet been able to completely finalise the programme so there may be a few small tweaks made but the start and end time should remain the same.
Booking for this event is essential and to help us cover our costs, the price to attend will be £17.00 for members and £20.00 for non-members/guests. The ticket price includes a buffet lunch. You can book up to two members at a time, or one member and one guest.
To book your place please go to: https://bbctagm2017.eventbrite.co.uk
Voting will be conducted in advance of the AGM.
MEMBER RESOLUTIONS & VOTING REGULATIONS
- The voting regulations are laid out in full in the BBCT Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Only fully paid-up members of the Trust are entitled to vote on the resolutions that will be passed at the AGM (Article 16).
- Any organisation that is a member of the Charity may nominate a person to act as their representative at the meeting and will be entitled to one vote (Article 18).
- If you wish to propose the appointment of a Director to the Board, you must submit a written notice to the Trust by the deadline of 17:00 hrs on Wednesday 04 October 2017; this must include your name, your signature, your membership number and the full contact details and signature of the person who is to be proposed.
- If you wish to propose a resolution, or the addition of any other business to the Agenda, you must give notice to the Trust by the deadline of 17:00 hrs on Wednesday 04 October 2017.
- All notices must be submitted to: Jen McLean, Senior Operations Officer, Bumblebee Conservation Trust, Beta Centre, Stirling University Innovation Park, Stirling, FK9 4NF.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or call 01786 594 133.
CASTING YOUR VOTE
Voting will be conducted in advance of the AGM in order for all votes to be verified as correct. This is known as a proxy vote, which means you do not have to attend the AGM to vote. There will be no votes cast on the day of the AGM - the proxy form will direct the Chair how to vote on your behalf against each resolution. Please see below for the details of each resolution.
Voting will be open from 13:00 Monday 09 October 2017 until 17:00 Wednesday 18 Oct 2017.
Between these dates you can cast your vote by completing an ONLINE FORM (link only available here once voting opens) or request a postal vote by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to:
Bumblebee Conservation Trust
Stirling University Innovation Park
Stirling FK9 4NF
You can only vote once. If you submit more than one voting form, only your first vote will be counted.
The results of the proxy votes will be declared during the AGM and recorded in the minutes, and will include the total number of votes cast for or against the resolutions as well as the number of abstaining votes. The results will also indicate whether a resolution has been carried or not.
- Resolution 1: Approval of the minutes of the 10th Annual General Meeting held on 10 December 2016. Click here to view the minutes.
- Resolution 2: Approval of Bumblebee Conservation Trust’s 10th Trustees Annual Report and Accounts for year ended 31 March 2016. Click here to view the Annual Report.
- Resolution 3: The Board proposes that Johnston Carmichael LLP of Suite A3, Stirling Agricultural Centre, Stirling, FK9 4RN is appointed Auditor to the Board for 2017-18.
More resolutions may follow in due course before voting opens.
“Bumblebees are one of the most endearing insect visitors to any garden. Their furry, colourful bodies and clumsy flight always raise a smile, but they also do an essential job. Without their pollination services many flowers would produce no seeds, and fruit and vegetable yields would suffer.”