1st Floor Pavilion View
19 New Rd
Brighton BN1 1UF
Time: 11am - 3pm
This is a FREE event, but limited so booking is essential.
Have you ever wondered where bumblebees live, why there are fewer than there used to be, and what you can do to help them? This one day workshop will give you an introduction to the ecology and identification of bumblebees. The course will be useful for anyone wishing to find out about bumblebees and improve their identification skills.
Find out about:
· The ecology and life cycle of a bumblebee
· Understand the challenges facing bumblebee species
· Recognise important features that will support bumblebees in a range of habitats, including grasslands, woodlands and farmland
· Identify distinguishing characteristics of different bumblebees and how to spot a queen, worker and male
· Identify eight common bumblebee species
· Why we need more data about bee populations, and how to carry out a simple monitoring transect.
Contact Chloe Rose on email@example.com to book a place.