Welcome to BBCT Forum Home

You are here: HomeForum Home → Bumblebee forums → BeeWalk → Thread

entering details on walk results

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-03-19

PM

Hi

I have just tried adding my observations and have had a problem in that the page which is used to record the species and numbers reports an error in that I have not defined the the species and I cannot get past this stage. In frustration I added what I saw to the page 3 comments.  Any help would be much appreciated.

I started by typing white and was presented with white tailed B/B, clicked the name and then drop down section 3 then added numbers. I did this for all 3 species and the page reverts back to a double entry option of common name and scientific name which seems unable to be selected without getting error messages.

Sorry to say after a nice walk out it has been spoilt by computer frustrations

regards

Graham

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2014-02-14

PM

Hi Graham,
I’ve been unable to duplicate this error - could you let me know your OS, browser & transect name, please? The exact error message would also be useful.

Cheers,

Richard

Rank

Joined 2014-03-19

PM

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply. I use a macbook pro and iPad and access the site via safari browser. The transect that I do my bee walks on is called “clay club”, which is a shooting club where I am club secretary. The site is triangular in shape and the main part of my walk is along the raised banks that are all around the ground. The pathways are mown, but the rest is left totally wild.

The error message was in red at the top of the page and stated that I had to define the species, yet against each of the entry line I had a common and scientific name with a small white blue symbol or a red cross. I was unable to effectively select this option and then progress further. The only choice was to do a nil return and then do as I did and enter observations under the final comments on page 3. I reread the instructions and could not see where I went wrong so thats why I recorded my sightings where I did. Hopefully this helps you!

regards

Graham

Rank

Joined 2014-03-19

PM

Just entered details of yesterday’s walk. Worked fine using iPad, so that is what I will do in future.