Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Welcome to BBCT Forum Home

You are here: HomeForum Home → Bumblebee forums → Bumblebee discussion → Thread

Amazing Bumblebee.

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-08-09

PM

I have just had the most amazing experience with an Early Bumblebee. He flew all around me and i could feel the wind from his wings on my hand as he circled it. He landed briefly a few times then continued to circle it for a few minutes.

He finally landed on my hand and i brought out the sugar solution in a keyboard key that i use to help struggling bees, he drank loads from it and then flew around me for a while, at one point almost landing on my nose, as if to say thank you! Then he flew away. This happened yesterday lunchtime.

He came back 3 further times yesterday. Then last night he came back, sat on my hand and settled down to sleep snuggling into the gap between my fingers! I walked around the garden for about 10 minutes with him on my hand. He didn’t want to go. So i brought him in for the night and put him in my bee hotel, i use it to keep the bees in the kitchen overnight if the weather is bad.

He slept/rested in there and was released this morning at 7am. He returned at 12.30pm for his drink, again landing on my hand to feed and has just returned again for another drink grin This time i got a video of him arriving, feeding and leaving but there is no provision on here to add short video’s, so i can’t share it with you. It’s a shame because this little guy is amazing. I am so lucky and very happy grin

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-08-24

PM

Aw….how lovely.

I often have bees land on me in the garden. I feel honoured and it makes feel me all warm and fuzzy smile they really are very sweet.

Rank

Joined 2013-08-09

PM

Thanks Cheery, it is amazing grin

Rank

Joined 2013-08-09

PM

My little friend has been back several times each day since i first posted about him!!

This is truly amazing. Has anyone else had a similar experience of a bumble returning to you for food regularly, day after day? I am gobsmacked by him.

I haven’t seen any other of his species for weeks and know he is on borrowed time, so i am so happy that his little fuel stops are hopefully keeping him going as long as possible.

Just amazing grin

RankRank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-05-28

PM

:ok:

So it’s not just us then! LOL