Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Welcome to BBCT Forum Home

You are here: HomeForum Home → Bumblebee forums → BeeWalk → Thread

BeeWalk 2013 is now open!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2012-05-31

PM

It gives me great pleasure to announce the start of BeeWalk 2013.
We have been blessed with the most beautiful day here in Stirling and I have finally seen my first bees of 2013- honeybees feeding on heather! Long may it continue.

The BeeWalk season officially runs from March 1st to October 31st.
I hope you all have received the e-newsletter that I posted out today.
It contains links to new quizzes, the updated guidelines, tips for bumblebee identification and the new BeeWalk Training schedule!

If you have not, then it might mean that you are not yet registered.
If you would like to know more and register for BeeWalk send an email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Happy BeeWalking!

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-05-24

PM

I’m looking forward to getting back out beewalking, unfortunatly I’ve been working on all the nice days so far and the rest of the month is looking rather cold and wet. I’ve not seen a single bee this year so far

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2012-05-31

PM

Hello Kate

that’s great to hear.
The weather has certainly taken a turn for the worse. The month started off on a promising note but it has been frequently icy over the last couple of weeks. Certainly north of the border anyway. The forecast looks poor for the rest of this week as well.

I am struggling to get out to even set up a new transect! That was the plan for today but it is snowing in Edinburgh! Brrrr!
I doubt weather will be good enough for surveying any time soon.

Don’t worry if you miss March, let’s hope for an improvement come April,

regards, elaine