Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Welcome to BBCT Forum Home

You are here: HomeForum Home → Bumblebee forums → Gardening → Thread

Wildlife Gardening Blog

RankRank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

As I’ve said a few times, I’ve recently moved so have a new garden which is currently a bit of a wildlife desert. It will take us a while to make it super wildlife friendly, and I’ve started a blog to record the journey so please come and read and comment:

http://wildlifegardener.tumblr.com/

Are there any other good wildlife gardening/bee blogs that people would recommend to the forum?

Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-08-09

PM

Hi Malcolm

I’ve just been checking out your blog, I’d love a big garden like that. It’s very much a blank canvas for you to put your mark on, I’ll keep looking in on your blog to see how it develops.

Cliff

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

Thanks Cliff, we’re really pleased - lots to do, but I guess that’s the point!

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2012-05-22

PM

Nice blog Malcolm. Are you planning your winter bulb/spring flower planting yet? A lot of the garden centres are beginning to get their spring-flowering bulbs on display.

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

Hi Anthony, thanks.

We’re thinking about it at the moment - we need to do quite a bit of work on the house which will probably mean that we are going to end up trampling the garden more than is particularly good for it - so we don’t want to spend too much money on bulbs and things that are a bit difficult to move.

Having said that, I need to scarify the lawn soon so might sneak some crocuses in!

RankRank

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

And having said that, we had a bulb catalogue through and of course, can’t resist so now we’re looking at getting some crocuses, snowdrops, fritillaria, irises and alliums… if we decide we can spare the cash! That’s the trouble with catalogues!

Mind you, of all of those I’m only really aware that Alliums and Crocuses are good for bees! Anyone care to tell me I’m wrong?!