Welcome to BBCT Forum Home

You are here: HomeForum Home → Bumblebee forums → Bumblebee discussion → Thread

Forum queries

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-21

PM

Hi,

I am a wildlife enthusiast who lives in Hampshire and I wonder if the Bumblebee Conservation Trust received a package and letter which I posted to you on 8th September last year?  The package contained a data CD of my bumblebee photos and video clips (as well as a few pics & clips of hoverflies and a bee fly), as well as a snail-mail cover letter.  I sent the package to the Bumblebee Conservation Trust headquarters based in Scotland, but never received any reply, so wonder if it reached you?  I have just been looking at your website and see that you have a regional office in Eastleigh – should I have sent the package there instead?  I would be very grateful if you could reply to this e-mail and let me know whether my package got to you!

About the Bumblebee Conservation Trust forum:
I have recently joined the forum on the Bumblebee Conservation Trust website (my nickname is “Bumblebee”) and think it’s a very good new feature!  I look forward to sharing my bee photos with the other members of the forum and to seeing it expand and increase in popularity over the coming months.  My first post included a couple of pictures I took of a very small dark bumblebee on our cotoneaster bush, and I was hoping that the other members would be able to identify it for me, as I didn’t know what species it was.  One of the people states that it’s probably a female Early Bumblebee – do you agree?  Finally, two comments about the forum:

(1) It’s very hard to locate on your website and the Site Map is the quickest way of finding it.  Would it be possible to put a clear, easy to see link to the forum on the website’s home page?

(2)  Can members of the forum upload video clips to the forum, or are photos the only attachments allowed?  My videos are all in QuickTime format and I was unable to put one on my first post.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2012-05-23

PM

Bumblebee - 05 August 2012 01:46 PM

Hi,

(1) It’s very hard to locate on your website and the Site Map is the quickest way of finding it.  Would it be possible to put a clear, easy to see link to the forum on the website’s home page?

May I suggest that one way around this problem is to go to the Forum home page via “Get Involved” and save that URL as one of your Favourites.  It works well for me. grin

Sparrow - Sue