AGM VOTING REGULATIONS
- The voting regulations are laid out in full in the BBCT Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Only fully paid-up members of the Trust are entitled to vote on the resolutions that will be passed at the AGM (Article 16).
- Any organisation that is a member of the Charity may nominate a person to act as their representative at the meeting and will be entitled to one vote (Article 18).
- If you wish to propose the appointment of a Director to the Board, you must submit a written notice to the Trust by the deadline of 17:00 hrs on Friday 20 November 2015; this must include your name, your signature, your membership number and the full contact details and signature of the person who is to be proposed.
- If you wish to propose a resolution, or the addition of any other business under Agenda Item 6 of the Programme, you must give notice to the Trust by the deadline of 17:00 hrs on Friday 20 November 2015.
- All notices must be submitted to: Jen McLean, Administrator, Bumblebee Conservation Trust, Beta Centre, Stirling University Innovation Park, Stirling, FK9 4NF.
- Please email email@example.com for more details or call 01786 594 133.
CASTING YOUR VOTE
Voting will be conducted in advance of the AGM in order for all votes to be verified as correct. This is known as a proxy vote, which means you do not have to attend the AGM to vote. There will be no votes cast on the day of the AGM - the proxy form will direct the Chair how to vote on your behalf against each resolution. Please see below for the details of each resolution.
Voting will be open from 12:00 pm on Monday 23 November until 17:00 Wednesday 02 December 2015.
Between these dates you can cast your vote by completing an online form or request a postal vote by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to:
Bumblebee Conservation Trust
Stirling University Innovation Park
Stirling FK9 4NF
You can only vote once. If you submit more than one voting form, only your first vote will be counted.
The results of the proxy votes will be declared during the AGM and recorded in the minutes, and will include the total number of votes cast for or against the resolutions as well as the number of abstaining votes. The results will also indicate whether a resolution has been carried or not.
Resolution 1: Approval of the minutes of the 8th Annual General Meeting held on 29 Nov 2014. Click here to view the minutes.
Resolution 2: Approval of the Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts for year ended 31 March 2015. Click here to view the Annual Report.
Resolution 3: The Board proposes that Johnston Carmichael LLP of Suite A3, Stirling Agricultural Centre, Stirling, FK9 4RN is appointed Auditor to the Board for 2015-16.
Resolution 4: The Board proposes that Nigel Ajax-Lewis be re-elected. Click here for more information.
Resolution 5: The Board proposes that John Sanders be elected as a trustee. Click here for more information.
Resolution 6: The Board proposes that Professor Peter Hollingsworth be elected as a trustee. Click here for more information.
“Bumblebees are one of the most endearing insect visitors to any garden. Their furry, colourful bodies and clumsy flight always raise a smile, but they also do an essential job. Without their pollination services many flowers would produce no seeds, and fruit and vegetable yields would suffer.”